Bizzabo Releases Report Pointing to Ever-Increasing Importance of In-Person Events
Bizzabo, the Event Experience Operating System (OS), unveiled “The State of In-person B2B Conferences: Analyzing Organizer and Attendee Insights on Today's Most Impactful Gatherings,” a comprehensive report underscoring the value of face-to-face events.
Despite a year of headlines about economic uncertainty and layoffs, in-person events are thriving, according to the survey,” said Alon Alroy, co-founder and chief marketing officer of Bizzabo.
In June 2023, Bizzabo conducted the extensive survey of more than 4,000 event organizers and attendees to gain deeper insights into the current state of in-person gatherings. The survey uncovered insights into the resounding importance and resurgence of in-person B2B conferences as the driving force behind organizational success and attendee satisfaction.
The report provides more than 100 new data insights and analyses around current trends in the event industry, including budget details, event venues, event technology and more.
Additionally, the report features firsthand accounts from organizers and attendees, shedding light on their priorities, challenges and strategic plans for 2024 and beyond.
Key insights from the report include:
- 75.9% of organizers believe in-person conferences will become increasingly critical to their organization's success in the coming years, and 80.4% of organizers say in-person events are their organization's most impactful marketing channel, reaffirming the value of face-to-face interactions.
- Despite the rise of virtual alternatives during the COVID-19 pandemic, 86.4% of organizers plan to schedule more or the same number of in-person B2B events in 2024 compared to 2023, demonstrating a growing confidence in onsite gatherings.
- 78% of attendees agree or strongly agree that in-person B2B conferences offer the best networking opportunities, underscoring the value of personal connections in driving business growth and collaboration.
- 47.2% of organizers say their events team has grown in the past year, while 23.9% say it stayed the same.
- The number of organizers with event teams of 10+ people has increased to 30.6%, compared to 10.2% in 2020.
- Organizers and attendees identified event management software, mobile event apps and smart event wearables as crucial elements for the success of in-person conferences, with 68.9% of organizers saying event software has a major impact on the success of their events, and 62.9% of attendees saying they expect in-person conferences to use modern technology (e.g., wearable event technology).
To download a copy of the full report, click here.